Paper Chef #51 Duck-breast with Wasabi Panna Cotta and Tomato Twist
DUCK-BREAST WITH WASABI PANNA COTTA AND TOMATO TWIST
100 ml/0,42 cup fresh cream
2 tsp wasabi paste
3/4 tsp gelatin powder
extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat up the fresh cream minus 1 tblsp which you mix well with the wasabi paste.
- Add the gelatin to the cream and stir well and when it has cooled down, add the wasabi and cream and whisk until completely mixed. Pour into a small container that is small or big enough to make the panna cotta about 1 cm/ 0,4 in thick. Leave for about 3 hours.
- Take two strands, approximately 1,5 cm/ 1,6 in wide, of puff pastry and spread tomato paste evenly over one of them, put the other on top and twist them. Repeat until you have all the twists you need. Bake in a pre-heated oven (200°C/390°F) for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Sauté the duck-breast for about 3-4 minutes on each side, it depends on how big the piece of meat is and how rare you want it, you may need more time, you may need less. Let it rest a little when ready.
- Cut the panna cotta into dice, slice the duck and compose the dish as you like it!