RICOTTA CLAFOUTIS WITH ROOT VEGETABLES
My culinary creativity follows a sort of ebb and flood, writing this, I wonder if it really might have something to do with the moon, I mean, my sleep used to be influenced by it, when I had sleeping problems it invariably was full moon. More sleeping problems because I am not like half of my family who can fall asleep on command, but when I really had sleeping problems, the moon was the cause. At least I used to think that. Nowadays I am more independent or maybe age has given me more integrity and I can sleep badly any time. Maybe the moon has moved its influence from the sleep area and into the creativity area, I must start keeping a chart to see if this is the case. Anyway, from having had a real ebb in the culinary area, I now suddenly have a lots of ideas of how to render my food more interesting, I mean, eating Ricotta Clafoutis with Root Vegetables is nicer that eating root vegetables with a boiled egg! At least I think so.
RICOTTA CLAFOUTIS WITH ROOT VEGETABLES (gluten-free)
1 medium parsnip
1 small celeriac root/bulb (or whatever it can be called)
1 big leek
4 tblsp parmesan, freshly grated
100 ml/0,42 cup milk
150 g/5,3 oz fresh ricotta that has been passed through a sieve
extra-virgin olive oil
- Dice parsnip and celeriac, slice carrots and leek (not too thin slices though).
- Braise in olive oil with thyme and white wine until soft and golden.
- Mix eggs, ricotta, milk, parmesan and salt well.
- Oil an oven-proof form, pour the egg-ricotta batter into it and then spread out the braise vegetables evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (175°C/350°F) for about 20 minuter.