CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND ROSEMARY or CREMA DI CAVOLFIORE CON POMODORI SECCHI E ROSMARINO
Nice day today, in many senses. I hope you are having a good day too, we need them don´t we? I think it is good that I don’t have nice days 7 days a week because I would probably get too spoilt and not understand how nice it is to have a good day any more. And that would really be a big loss. There are certain days that always will be nice days because of the memories that tinge them, the things they make you remember or maybe not even remember consciously but are there to make you feel good. It’s like being with certain people, they have a capacity to make you feel good and bring out the best in you, that is a great gift but I am still trying o understand how it works. What is it that they trigger off inside you and do they do this to all people or do we have our own personal feel good people? Anyway, I’m off to enjoy this day together with my camera, my own feel good thing!
CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES AND ROSEMARY or CREMA DI CAVOLFIORE CON POMODORI SECCHI E ROSMARINO
1 head of cauliflower
6-8 sun-dried tomato halves
1 small sprig of fresh rosemary
1 small onion
Stock, preferably vegetable or chicken stock is best
Extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice the onion and braise in some olive oil.
- Divide the cauliflower into florets and cut the sun-dried tomatoes into strips.
- Add them to the onion together with the rosemary and go on braising for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the stock, as much as is needed to cover the vegetables and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a blender and blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy. If it feels to thick, you just add some more stock before serving.