SALAD WITH WHITE BEANS AND WINE STEAMED CAULIFLOWER AND GREEN BEANS
I’m completely stuck on YouTube right now, rediscovering a lot of music and bands from my past and I’m enjoying myself immensely. The only problem is that I’m really stuck there and have problems with going on with the things that I should be doing instead but it’s just too good to hear all these songs that I can’t listen to because I have them on vinyls and my gramophone is broken. So I’m sorry my friends, I just have to do this quickly and then I’m back there. (Yesterday my youngest declared that she was going to call me Mamma Musica from now on and that she did not like the music I am listening to, but then she’s only 5… there’s still hope! I hope.)
Cauliflower, I never understood why it’s not more liked, I like it even soggy but I prefer to eat it like this for example.
SALAD WITH WHITE BEANS AND WINE STEAMED CAULIFLOWER AND GREEN BEANS (a lousy name, I know)
Cannolini beans, cooked
Fresh chili pepper
Bread in slices
A nice vinegar
Extra-virgin olive oil
- Break the cauliflower into smaller florets, clean the green beans and steam them in water and white wine (about 50/50) until they are soft, it doesn’t take long.
- Make a vinaigrette with the oil and vinegar, add parsley and chopped fresh chili to it and let it rest.
- Meanwhile you dice the bread and fry it in some olive oil until it’s golden and crispy. Leave to drip of excess fat on kitchen towel paper.
- Mix vegetables and beans, add the vinaigrette and mix well.
- Add the diced bread and toss before serving.