SPAGHETTI WITH LOBSTER
Sometimes I wonder if I have some sort of anti-social streak in me because after having been very social for several days now I feel very uncomfortable because socializing makes me too aware of myself and my shortcomings. (not to speak of the shortcomings of other people) Do you know what I am talking about? I have burst out in some extremely narcissistic analysis of my actions, I actually feel as self-centered as a teenager and it’s not a pleasant feeling I can tell you that. Let’s blame this depressing regression on the greyness of the day or something, I just want to forget about it and myself, I think I’ll bake a cake instead – far more constructive.
I didn’t really think about posting this when I cooked it but when I saw that it was going to be quite good I ran up get the camera to shoot a quick photo of the finished dish. The lobster itself I had already shoot earlier in the day for the food guide, one of those photos that Marco was looking forward to, well more to what came after the photo to be more precise, the actual eating of it. I did look around for a recipe for lobster and pasta but all I could find was recipes with tomatoes in them and as I wanted the sweet flavour of the lobster meat to be the main flavour of the dish I just made it like this, very simple but it was good!
SPAGHETTI WITH LOBSTER
1 lobster, preferably a fresh one
chili pepper, not too much, just enough to give a little heat
1 clove of garlic
Parsley, finely chopped
Extra-virgin olive oil
– Put a lot of water to boil in a large pot that can contain the lobster. When it is boiling wildly, you drop the lobster into the water and let it cook 5 minutes for the first 500 g/1.1 lb and then 3 minutes for the next so my lobster which was about 750 g/1.6 lb cooked for 6,5 minutes. That’s how I do it, maybe you have your own way.
– Take out the lobster but keep the water, you need it to cook the pasta in, just add salt to it before.
– Take out the meat of the lobster and keep the shells from claws and tail.
– Heat up chili and garlic in some olive oil and then add the shells. After a couple of minutes you add water until it’s almost covered and go on simmering the whole until the liquid has evaporated. Add some salt too.
– While it simmers you cook the spaghetti and chop the lobster meat.
– When the spaghetti is almost ready, you take out the lobster shells and put in the lobster meat instead. Heat up and add chopped parsley.
– Mix with the spaghetti and serve.