Some interesting links and a meme
BlogHer 07 is in full swing over in Chicago and I really would have liked to have been there for the food blogging session but thanks to StyleFool.com who is live blogging some of the sessions I have been able to participate anyway! Read here for the food blogging session and here for the session on food photography! Thanks for all the work you put into this StyleFool!
Sweet Marce of Pip in the City, a Daring Baker molto simpatica, even simpaticissima, has tagged me for a meme where I have to tell you 8 random things about myself. It is surprisingly difficult to do this type of memes I think, I immediately get blocked but here is what I came up with! Thanks Marce for tagging me!
1. I didn’t get a driver’s license until I was 26 and I had accepted a temporary job in Italy where I needed it. I think I had 6 week to learn how to drive and I remember that I got my driver’s license the day before I had to leave. I don’t think I would have bothered taking it if it hadn’t been for this but now I’ really happy because without it we couldn’t live where we are living now.
2. I’m allergic to mussels. It came very suddenly when I was 25 I think and one morning woke up with red blobs all over my face, I looked so hilarious that not even my mother could keep from laughing. Haven’t touched a mussel since then…
3. I’m lousy at housekeeping and I have developed a inferiority complex about it since we moved to Italy where they are obsessed with it.
4. We have a cellar full of wine but I drink so rarely nowadays that when we had a touch and go visit from two Swedish friends earlier this week and we stayed up late drinking wine I felt completely blown out the day after. And I didn’t even drink much…
5. I’m a quite easygoing person but I go crazy when I feel that people don’t respect me or when they patronize me. Grrr…
6. I think I love my mother even more since she’s got Alzheimer’s disease because it has made me more aware of how much I love her. (that is not a really logical sentence but you have to get the sense of it instead) That’s one of the few positive aspects of Alzheimer’s, I hope she can feel it though.
7. I may not like housekeeping but I don’t mind ironing because it’s nice to flatten out all those crinkles, maybe it makes me feel as if I’m in control of something! And I often think about The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood when I do it, there’s this guy who always runs home to do ironing when he gets nervous.
8. And talking about that, I get nervous when I have to follow recipes like when I do the Daring Bakers Challenges, partly because I rarely use recipes but mainly because I find that most recipes are badly written, unnecessarily complicated where they don’t need to and too simplified where they should be more detailed. Or maybe I just have a thwarted mind.
I’m supposed to tag people but I have a feeling that I’m so late in doing this that most of you already have done it but if you feel like doing this meme, please consider yourself tagged by me!