POTATO SALAD WITH PROSCIUTTO CRUDO, GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND PARMESAN FLAKES
I don’t have much to say today, well I always have a lot of opinions but I have learnt to keep them inside since I came here. I don’t really know if it is that I’m getting wiser or if the reason is that I have realized that as a foreigner in a strange land, I rarely manage to convince people to think the way I do because they have their own ways and culture, something I will always be a stranger to even if I feel very integrated in the context I’m living in, it’s impossible to assimilate cultural habits and stories when you move to a new country as an adult. ButI just realized that I need to go to Sweden soon (and fortunately we are) because I’m a bit tired of being a stranger, or at least more or less immediately being spotted as one, I just want to melt in without feeling different. Not that I feel at home in Sweden any longer, I have lived abroad far too long and I am now living in a limbo where I don’t feel really at home in any place at all. I usually don’t care about this but right now I just would like to be able to go home (somewhere) and just be. Anyone who knows what I’m talking about?
POTATO SALAD WITH PROSCIUTTO CRUDO, GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND PARMESAN FLAKES or INSALATA DI PATATE, PROSCIUTTO CRUDO, ZUCCHINE GRIGLIATE E SCAGLIE DI PARMIGIANO
Lime or lemon juice
Olive oil, extra virgin one
- Boil and peel the potatoes. Slice them and out these in a bowl.
- Slice the zucchini length wise and then grill the slices without oil in a grill pan if you have one, otherwise you can do it in a skillet. Add them to the potatoes.
- Cut the prosciutto crudo into smaller pieces and add to the bowl.
- Whisk a little lime juice together with herb salt and olive oil and add it to the salad, mix well.
- Cut flakes off the parmesan cheese and top the salad with them. I use a clean potato peeler when I do it.