MELANZANE, POMODORINI E FRIGGITELLI or EGGPLANT, TOMATOES AND SWEET PEPERONCINO PEPPERS
I have joined Michelle’s (of The Accidental Scientist) The Tardy Foodblogger’s NaBloPoMo with two additions, I head the sub-section of The TarFoBlo-NaBloPoMo, namely The TarFoBlo-InNaBloPoMoWhPo which reads The Tardy Food Blogger’s International BloPoMo When Possible. For the real thing check out here, there are several food bloggers who have joined the big league but I prefer to go for Michelle’s as I have this problem with doing things when there’s some kind of must involved. So, if you want to join in, do it because it’s too late to join the real one! Not that it makes much of a difference in my case because I post most of the days of the week, if it’s not a recipe, I post a photo or two. The strange thing is that I join in when I am seriously considering to post less but that’s how my contorted and contradictory personality works. Just be happy you’re not me, that’s all I can say, you can imagine what’s it like…
MELANZANE E FRIGGITELLI or EGGPLANT AND SWEET PEPERONCINO PEPPERS
8 sweet peperoncino peppers, these could be Anaheim chilies.
20 cherry tomatoes
1 dried peperoncino
1 clove of garlic
– Dice the eggplant and sauté it in olive oil with the crumbled peperoncino and the garlic.
– Cut the sweet peperoncino peppers into coin slices and add them to the eggplant. Add salt and go on cooking.
– When the eggplant have got some colour and the sweet peperoncino has begun to soften, you add the tomatoes that you have previously divided in two.
– Cook until the tomatoes are soft but still keeps together and the eggplant and sweet peperoncino are ready.
– Serve hot or cold. I use it as a pasta sauce.