(Birthday) GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE
Tomorrow it is a year since I started posting here on Lucullian, Marco had always wanted me do a food blog in English rather than in Swedish (little did he know that I would end up doing both, I bet he wish we could go back in time…) but I started off in Swedish in June last year and I realized that I liked food blogging very much. So for once (he has this strange notion that I never follow his advice, he persists in saying that I’m stubborn) I followed his advice and set off. The name Lucullian Delights is actually his suggestion, I always have such a problem choosing things, names, frames or pralines, you name it, so I was really happy about that. And then I entered yet another world because the English speaking food blogging community is outstanding and I doubt that you can find any other like it in the blogosphere. I never realized that I would make such good friends both among food bloggers and among my readers and that I would get such wonderful response! It’s so inspiring with all the feedback I get so I would like to thank you for that! Thanks! I just wonder who you are all those of you who come back again and again and never say a word. I can see your traces on my blog log you know, I just wish you delurked once in a while because I’m so curious…
To celebrate we have a cake today, a gluten-free one but ‘despite’ that one of Marco’s favourites! So to you, dear readers and to him: Thanks and enjoy!
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE
2 egg yolks
300 ml / 1.25 cup muscovado or some other type of brown sugar
75 g /
200 ml / 0.85 cup fresh cream
400 ml / 1.7 cup rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 g /
– Whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar for a couple of minutes before adding the melted butter and the cream. Stir well.
– Sift rice flour and baking powder into the batter and mix until it is smooth.
– Add the chopped chocolate and pour the batter into a cake tin, mine was
– Bake in a pre-heated oven, 175° C / 350° F for about 25-30 minutes.
– The cake’s texture improves if you leave to rest for 40-60 minutes before eating.