MINI QUINOA PANCAKES WITH A SMOKED SWORDFISH ROSE AND MANGO PISTILS ON SPINACH
This weekend the second edition of the Cyber Chef or Cyberkocken (the Swedish version of the Paper Chef) has taken place. I forgot to tell you that the first one went quite well with more participants than I expected. On the other hand I expected a zero participation. Anyway, this time the four ingredients were: quinoa, mango, spinach and something smoked and I have to admit that I had to think a bit but then I came up with three dishes because initially I had the intention of submitting a whole menu but when I realized that it hadn’t been clear that you were allowed to spread out the ingredients, I backed out and submitted this entrée instead. Well I liked the quinoa pancakes a lot and I will continue to make them but as I’m not very fond of smoked food, I think I will put something else on top of them next time!
MINI QUINOA PANCAKES WITH A SMOKED SWORDFISH ROSE AND MANGO PISTILS ON SPINACH (yes I know it’s a horrible ’title’)
Mini pancakes, it makes about seven:
50 ml/ 0,2 cup already cooked quinoa
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp flour
– Whisk egg, milk, salt and flour before you add the quinoa. Stir well.
– Bake the mini pancakes, I have a special iron skillet for this with seven circular spaces, very neat and very Swedish.
Smoked swordfish in thin slices
A piece of fresh mango
Fresh spinach leaves, quite small
– Swirl the slices of swordfish into something that resembles a rose.
– Cut thin strips of mango, two for each rose.
– Put some spinach leaves on each quinoa pancake, put the swordfish rose on top and insert the mango pistils.
– Serve it!