Is My Blog Burning 24 – MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE STIR FRY WITH TOFU and FRIED BANANAS WITH GINGER SYRUP
This is my Is My Blog Burning 24 entry. I made it with a watch in my hand so I can guarantee that it took no more that 30 minutes which is the theme of this month! It actually took me 20 + 10 minutes to make the main dish and the little dessert, less time than I thought actually. But to be honest I usually spend more time on cooking a meal and I absolutely love cooking slow dishes!
So first I made a Mediterranean vegetable dish with tofu, a rather quick stir-fry with rosemary, olives and salted capers that added a Mediterranean touch to it, it took me 20 minutes so I thought that those 10 minutes that were left of the half-hour could be used at the end of the meal instead of the beginning when I got up and made fried bananas with ginger syrup.
MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE STIR FRY WITH TOFU
1 small branch of rosemary
1 clove of garlic
1 small onion
1 medium zucchini
1 smallish eggplant
1 medium yellow or red bell pepper
5-6 cherry tomatoes
15 small olives
1-2 tblsp salted capers
As much tofu you want
- Put the capers to soak in tepid water.
- Chop the garlic and the rosemary and fry it briefly in a pan, I used a wok, while you chop the onion and then add it to the pan.
- Chop the zucchini and add it. Sprinkle salt over it.
- While it is frying, you chop the eggplant, add it and then chop the bell pepper and add that as well. To make it fast you have to chop, add, fry, chop, add, fry all in a go, stirring all the time!
- After 15 minutes you add the olives, the rinsed capers, the diced tofu and the tomatoes that you have cut into halves. Stir and after 5 minutes it’s ready to serve.
Then it was time for the bananas:
FRIED BANANAS WITH GINGER SYRUP
A piece of fresh ginger
4 tblsp golden syrup
- Slice the bananas in discs (I made mine 5 mm thick) and begin to fry them in the butter. Turn them over now and then.
- Grate the ginger and when the bananas are golden after about 7-8 minutes you add the ginger together with the syrup and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.