IMBB 22 — TAGLIATELLE D’ERBE CON SALSA DI PEPERONI E OLIVE or HERB EMBEDDED TAGLIATELLE WITH RED BELL PEPPER AND OLIVE SAUCE
This is the first time I participate in an Is My Blog Burning event (this time organized by Amy of Cooking with Amy) but how could I resist when the theme is noodles?? I’m living in one of the nations that are contesting the parenthood of the noodle but honestly I don’t give a damn to where it originates, I’m just happy to eat it!
I’m proposing home made tagliatelle with herbs in them and a very simple and fresh sauce with red peppers, tomato and olives. Maybe the best way to enjoy the herbs embedded in the pasta is to eat the pasta with olive oil or butter and grated parmesan cheese but I felt for something a bit more tasty!
TAGLIATELLE D’ERBE CON SALSA DI PEPERONI E OLIVE or HERB EMBEDDED TAGLIATELLE WITH RED BELL PEPPERS AND OLIVE SAUCE
400 ml/ 1,7 cup durum wheat flour
1-2 eggs, it depends on if you like the egg taste! I use 1.
3 tblsp (or more if you want) finely and I mean very finely chopped fresh herbs like thyme, sage and rosemary
A large pinch of salt
– Chop the herbs and add them to the flour. Mix well before you start adding first the egg and then the water. Here you have to go on feeling as the amount depends on the humidity of the flour but start with a little and continue to add a little at a time.
– When it is soft and elastic, you continue to knead it for 5 minutes and then you leave to rest for 1 hour covered with a kitchen towel.
– Time to take out the pasta machine and start making tagliatelle.
1 big or 2 small red bell peppers
200 ml/ 0,85 cup tomato sauce
A handful of olives, if you use un-pitted ones, remember to tell your fellow eaters!
– Cut the peppers into very small dice and fry these gently in a little olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
– Add the tomato sauce and the olives, continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes and then you check the salt and it is ready!
– Boil the pasta, it needs only a few minutes and mix pasta and sauce before serving.