10 Things You Never Knew About Me
Cookiecrumb of I’m Mad and I Eat tagged me for a meme: 10 Things You Never Knew About Me I think it’s called! Too easy because you don’t really know anything about me and very few of my friends know about this blog, they read my Swedish food blog, it’s only some of my English speaking Italian friends that are reading this one (Hi Daniela, Hi Angela! Hi Connie! Did I forget someone?). So whatever I write would count, wouldn’t it? But I will do it the right way and try to think of the things that not too many people know about me. Or remember.
- I don’t like the colour yellow that much, it’s actually the colour I like the less. Certain shades aren’t too bad but on the whole it’s not my colour. But I like yellow food a lot! Saffron, lemons, bananas and so on.
- When I was a teenager, me and my best friend went to a rock concert to see the obscure band Armpit Lovers and despite the fact that we were their only fans, the singer kicked an empty beer can on my head.
- I can’t remember the real colour of my hair, it changed to red when I was 19 and has remained so. Next stop will be white so it will remain a mystery.
- I got my driver’s license when I was 26 because I had accepted a job where it was necessary so I had to get it fast. And I did. Now I’m happy I had to because living as we do makes it necessary!
- Me and my best friend once (a looong time ago) spent a week in London without having anywhere to stay except a locker at Victoria Station. Unfortunately it was too small to sleep in. One night we slept in a youth hostel but the guy in the reception must have been smoking something because he put us in the men’s dormitory which was filled with embarrassed Japanese guys! But we slept well. Somehow we managed to find places to sleep until it was time to go home.
- I feel like a ‘foreigner’ when I go to Sweden. I have entered into the twilight zone of the people without any real roots…
- I hate to admit it but I don’t really know about the more technical aspects of photography. I know about shutter speed etc. but when it comes to the serious stuff, I’m lost! I just go on feeling.
- If I go out with a friend and we start off with the same amount of money and then we do the same things, you can be sure that at the end of the evening I have far less money than my friend! Another of life’s mysteries.
- I love listening to the radio. Especially “talk radio”. I listen a lot to the BBC on the web and, I blush, I always listen to The Archers. This started when I lived on my own in London for a year and it has been an on-off story for many years; before the era of web radio, I could only hear it when I was somewhere you could hear normal BBC broadcasting but now I can indulge myself everyday or whenever I want!
- I love making pottery but I don’t have the time to spare nowadays.
So I managed, I had a bit of a problem finishing it but here I am. And I have to pass it on. Hopefully to people who hasn’t already done it…
Melissa of The Cooking Diva
Paz of The Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz
Jamie of 10 Signs Like This
Raquel of Raquel’s Box of Chocolate